It has been a really wet morning, with no chance of playing outside, so instead we had a fun time making all sorts of things, lots of them with wooden clothes pegs, and wanted another quick, easy and fun thing to make and made these clothes peg planes. They took literally seconds to make, and Ted loved them and flew them round the house afterwards.
- Wooden clothes peg
- Stiff card
- Cellotape or glue
- Felt tipped pens
How to make your own
- For each plane, cut out a strip of card that is just a little shorter but just a little wider than the wooden clothes peg for the wings of the plane.
- Cut out another strip of card, smaller, for the tail or the plane.
- Peg the large strip into the clothes peg for the wing, and tape the small piece of card into the rear of the plane for the tail.
- Colour in all of the plane with felt tipped pens – Ted coloured the top and underneath different colours
- You are all ready to fly them around the house or peg them to thread or string and suspend them around the house.