The idea for these Map clothes peg paperclips came about because Ted and I wanted to make something for Al for Father’s Day, something that he could use, which really meant something to both Al and Ted. We talked about places we had been as a family, places that Ted had very fond memories of and we looked them up in maps so that Ted could see where each of the places were, and how far away they are from where we live . I had kept an old map book, so we could cut out some of his favourite places and stuck them onto the peg – we stuck magnetic strips onto the other side of the pegs – ideal for keeping paperwork together.
We managed to keep this present a surprise right up until Father’s day, unlike some of the earlier presents we made for Father’s day – Ted was so excited about them he just had to share the secret with Al.
- Wooden clothes pegs
- Magnetic strip
- Foam sticky tape
How we made it
- We looked on the map and chose places that Ted had enjoyed going to, where he had fond memories of
- Cut strip off map the same size as one side of the clothes peg
- Stick map onto double sided foam tape
- Cut strips of double sided foam tape to same size as map / peg
- Stick map and tape onto peg
- Stick magnetic strip onto other side of peg