We had just finished a tube of Pringles, and as we often do, kept the packaging thinking we could make something with it – and here it is, a funny face money box. The shape and having an easy to open lid top seemed to make it ideal for a money box – the coins make a great sounds as they drop through the slot into the tube and it is easy for little hands to take off the lid.
- Tube with lid
- Coloured paper
- Foam coloured sheets
- Double sided tape
- Craft knife
How to make one
- Using craft knife, cut out slot large enough for coins
- Cover tube in glue – we also used double sided tape around top and bottom to secure the coloured paper.
- I cut out eyes, nose and mouth which Ted glued and stuck on
- We thought he needed some fun hair, so cut out strands of wool which we tied together
- Pierced hole in lid and threaded one piece of wool through and tied knot to secure wool on lid.
- Cutting slot for coins