Today was so rainy, we decided it was the perfect day to make our castle. Ted’s grandpa had given him this fantastic packaging – ideal for making a castle with and so this morning, together we set to work to make this castle for Ted’s Lego people.
- Packaging material
- Pain white labels
- Black marker pen
- Lego pieces – the axel and block from one of Ted’s cars and wheel from pirate ship to make winch for drawbridge
- Lego pieces – wheels and blocks to make base for canon
- Coloured paper
- Card to make tube for canon and stairs
- Craft knife
How we made it
- Using a craft knife, I cut out a square in the top for a trapdoor, rectangle for the stairs and a couple of windows on the side plus of course the drawbridge door.
- Decorated labels as windows and cut them out.
- Ted stuck on the windows around the castle
- Ted cut out the flag and glued onto a straw, carefully made a hole in roof with pencil for the straw flagpole then cello-taped underneath to secure.
- Once we had cut out the door, we tried to think of a way of lowering and raising the drawbridge and Ted found an axle from one of his cars, which we poked up and attached to a wheel from a boat.
- We threaded wool through hole in door and wound round boat wheel.